Friday, April 9, 2010

Jobs, Mr. President

Dear Mr. President,

It's very easy for me to sit in my easy chair and tell you how to run the country. I know that you have very smart people in Washington telling you how to do it. Maybe one reason independents are wary about you is because your message is being lost amid Sarah Palin's soundbites. The only way to be heard is to get America back to work. If more and more people have jobs, they won't have time to protest. Protest what? Their success? More money in their pockets? You figure out a way to get people focused on work and you'll get a positive reaction. I know what you've done for the economy so far. Giving people 288 billion dollars in tax cuts and helping students by making 275 billion dollars available for student grants and loans is a giant step in the right direction. This along with HCR is going to turn our country around faster. I try not to pay attention to the negative talk. I voted for change and I'm seeing change. As long as that is the case, I'm good. This country was stripped bare in the eight years that Bush was president. I honestly don't expect one man to solve all the problems on day one of this journey to change. I expect to see steady progress. I expect it. So the Republicans can make all the noise and they want. They can tell horrible lies and try very hard to stall progress. The law of attraction says that you get more of what you give your attention to. They are focused with a razor sharpness on Barack Obama. They can shout NO all they want. They will most certainly create the most effective president this country has ever seen. Then, they'll have no one to blame but themselves. As if they would.

No comments:

Post a Comment