Monday, July 19, 2010

I forgot

I had a realization a short time back about my Twitter addiction. Twitter is a reflection of all the crosstalk in our heads. Only now we can get different responses because we're not only answering ourselves. Mostly crosstalk surrounds the fears we have. Once I got started, I let it take hold of me and started tweeting about news stories and making snarky little comments to get my point across. I thought that I was keeping up on what was REALLY happening in the world. The reality was that I forgot that it's easier to hate than love. It's easier to find fault than shore up another. I fell for the high school mentality that is politics. I was getting my news from a bunch of different sources, but they were all pretty much doing the same thing. They were giving me a small amount of information and a huge amount of their perspective to go along. I felt myself getting depressed about all the turmoil in the country and totally losing perspective about what is really important. Until my daughter walked away from a car accident... Now I remember. The car did exactly what I wanted it to do. It saved her life and I will miss the car. Thank you Volvo. My family is well, mostly well-adjusted with a slight dose of crazy, but I wouldn't have them any other way. When I think about how one moment can change a whole life, I am able to turn off the world domination track and listen to the silence or go to this great website: themeditationroom.com and listen to guided meditations or just listen to the sounds of nature. It is so much better than listening to the sniping that is politics. I wish everyone who wants to be a political figure good luck and God speed. I have grown up and finally understand that fear will always be the driving force behind every political agenda. I also understand that love is the only thing powerful enough to overcome fear. Any fear. The country will do what the country does. In my little world, I choose to listen to different sounds. To feel love instead of hatred and depression. I take a stand for Unconditional Love. Today is a good day and tomorrow will be gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment