Friday, July 16, 2010

I want change.

I just sent letters to the White House and to my state Senator and Rep. I don't know what else to do. I have been so caught up in this Administration. I know that it's because I have too much time on my hands. I cancelled my Twitter account because I've been so filled with anxiety about what's going on in our country. I see the social unrest that is creeping into our daily conversation. It is extremely hard to concentrate on much else. I have to cut myself off from commenting or hearing comments about what is happening. I kinda want the Republicans to take over the House. I want them to take responsibility for work in this country. I do think Obama was right to tackle so many big things so fast. It gives him some room to let the Republicans do their thing and still not be able to change the direction of the country, but IT IS SO HARD TO WATCH US LOSE GROUND IN THE EYES OF THE CITIZENRY. I woke up this morning totally convinced that I would not be voting again. Ever! Why vote? Then I realized that change looks like this. Change is usually accompanied by extreme temperatures, the feeling of standing on shaky ground, etc. It's hard. This uneasy feeling is what change feels like. I just have to keep reminding myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment